Waking Up is Reassurance that Life Continues After Yesterday is Over

Waking Up is Reassurance that Life Continues After Yesterday is Over
Z. K. Hutchins

Monday, August 31, 2009

Bubble Tea Travels


M. Tea Monster is cordially inviting you and all of your friends to follow this Monsieur Madness.

I created my first semi-successful Bubble Tea mixtures this... well... morning I guess? Twas messy and mother-aggravating but time worth spent! I first boiled my small tapioca in a large amount of water saturated with brown sugar and I tried brewing tea in it as well before the tapioca was added. For color I added red food coloring and when the "soup" got too thick and sticky I added more water. After about 20 minutes of constantly testing the chewyness and clearness of the tapioca balls I strained them in a wire strainer.

Make sure your tea is prebrewed and already chilled before your tapioca is done cookin'. Add in your poison *juice/flavored milk* and half and half on the tea/poison; tapioca at the bottom, as much as you want.

Mind you I tried this and it tasted gross but I used skimmed milk and orange juice, not the best of choices you may be thinking ;]

I may suggest a clear juice that's less strong and a thicker milk, 2% to whole, and an added flavor such as coconut milk or taro (if you can find it anywhere, that stuff is UH-mazing!).

The "bubbles" had pretty much no flavor and made me sick from eating so many but they were the right consistancy which is a great start! :D

Suggestions?

Moral of this: Find something good to do with your time.

Monster Man, out~

No comments:

Post a Comment